The University continues to invest in the transformation of its City Campus with ambitious plans for state of the art building developments and new accessible public realm space right in the centre of the city. Over £20 million has already been invested in a capital development programme which has included new-build projects and the creative refurbishment of the University’s existing estate.
We are now investing over £7 million in a new Sciences Complex at the City Campus. This is part of our ambitious capital development masterplan to provide modern, well equipped facilities to support high quality teaching and learning, real-life applied research, and support for business and our wider community.
The next phase includes a further £7 million investment to redevelop the physical infrastructure of the Sciences Complex at the City Campus which includes the conversion of over 4,000sq metres of existing university space and new building developments to provide state of the art teaching, learning and research facilities for health sciences provision including:
- A new central hub for the Health and Science Academy with a highly visible atrium area and reception, opening out to attractive landscaped public realm space as part of a new university square
- New high quality teaching and learning facilities, including a professional development suite for the delivery of higher level skills for students and continuous professional development facilities for health professionals
- High quality multi-disciplinary science laboratories including new equipment for drug discovery, pharmaceutical and health related sciences
- A new integrated industry-standard Analytical Services laboratory and scientific imaging suite
- A sports science research facility equipped to analyse aerobic capacity, track body temperature, and assess biometric performance
- High quality social learning spaces for staff, students, and external partners including a dedicated Bioinformatics IT suite
- Exhibition space to promote leading edge science to the young people of the region, the wider community, industry and the health professions
- A new–build on campus Health Centre
Project part-financed by the European Union - European Regional Development Fund and One North East
For more information about this exciting development go to: www.sunderland.ac.uk/labs
If you would like further details as to how you can support this campaign please get in touch:
Email: email@example.com or call us on 0191 5152692.
To make a gift to the Science Complex Campaign please click here
and designate Faculty of Science Capital Campaign